I want to achieve the fallowing
1) sidebar widgets on front page
2) The posts layout that comes with your theme (so no 3’rd party posts if possible)
3) Be able to only show posts by category in my home page
I have been able to do this all but one by:
-having a static page
-<?php query_posts( ‘cat=2’ ); ?> <- Adding this piece of code to filter my posts to show only cat 2
<!–BEGIN #primary .hfeed–>
However when I use a static page I do not get the widget sidebar. It doesn’t even show up in my “manage in customizer” menu, only when I select widgets.
(I have tried removing <?php query_posts( ‘cat=2’ ); ?> to see if this was causing the sidebar to disappear and still no luck)
Having the ‘latest’ posts appear as my front page works however I have the fallowing problems if I choose this route
– Layout changed to where even if I have my page setup to have the the sidebar to the right using theme options, when I have more than 2 posts the layout is not how it should be. It has the two posts taking the full width of the page and then places the sidebar under the whole page
– Also I am unsure how I can filter my latest posts by category
I really love this theme and would hate to change because I cant get my front page how I want it, any help is tremendously appreciated
The topic ‘Static page removes widgets’ is closed to new replies.