December 6, 2015 at 12:12 am #22858
Per RaebildParticipantBeen thanked: 2 times
I just started using Evolve.
In sliders i can translate the link “read more” into Danish language.
In posts and pages i can´t figure our where to translate the link button “read more”
Can anyone give me a hint where to search ?
Br Per Ræbild
Denzel ChiaModeratorDecember 6, 2015 at 4:15 amPost count: 3223Been thanked: 129 timesPer RaebildParticipantDecember 6, 2015 at 10:36 amPost count: 18Been thanked: 2 times
I installed the plugin and tried, so far no succees
I only need to translate the green button link “Read more” in evolve
Is this in the evolve plus i translate or do i need to translate also Theme4Press core as well ?Jordan CiburaSpectatorDecember 6, 2015 at 12:17 pmPost count: 1Been thanked: 0 times
Very probably I have the same problem, but just with polish language.
Some parts of the theme are not displayed in the default language:
1. The default language is setup to polish: http://prntscr.com/9axejt
2. In loco-translate I can see that the “read more” & co. are correctly translated, but still the button is in english: http://prntscr.com/9axd9w
3. The contact page buttons and the infield descriptions are also in english: http://prntscr.com/9axg19Per RaebildParticipantDecember 6, 2015 at 12:23 pmPost count: 18Been thanked: 2 times
Yes – its ecxactly same problem i have, i figured out how loco translate Works now – but still the link READ MORE i can´r figure our where to translate
see the test page her:
HELP! can anoybody give us a hint where to search for a solution ?
Per RæbildDenzel ChiaModeratorDecember 7, 2015 at 7:46 amPost count: 3223Been thanked: 129 times
The word Read More is wrapped in proper translation function..
For example in content-blog.php
<a class="read-more btn t4p-button-default" href="<?php the_permalink(); ?>"><?php _e('Read More', 'evolve'); ?></a>
Did you save your translation?
Thanks!Per RaebildParticipantDecember 7, 2015 at 9:47 amPost count: 18Been thanked: 2 times
Thanks for your answer
However i don´t understand anything – i just translated it directly in the content-blog.php by using Dreamweaver, still the same http://www.perraebild.dk/
I tried also with loco, seems working – only excepton is these green button READ MORE
Could i do anything else wrong (im new in WP + Evolve) ?
Best regards Per RæbildRomanKeymasterDecember 7, 2015 at 7:30 pmPost count: 2543Been thanked: 29 timesPer RaebildParticipantDecember 7, 2015 at 8:52 pmPost count: 18Been thanked: 2 timesRomanKeymasterDecember 7, 2015 at 9:24 pmPost count: 2543Been thanked: 29 times
the source string doesn’t seem to be correct. filter all Read More strings and update them allPer RaebildParticipantDecember 8, 2015 at 4:26 pmPost count: 18Been thanked: 2 times
I tried to setup a new clean installation, however its still same result
Here you see the 3 strings one source “READ MORE »”
Do You have any more ideas about what to do ? How can i check that my site use the da_DK.po file which i translate and save ? Its really strange as i tried it now on a local installation using MAMP pro, but also tried at a live installation http://www.perraebild.dk – no matter what i do, none of them “accept” the translation of the READ MORE
For me it seems i have a mistake in my setup somewhere, or something i dont understand correctly
Best regards Per RæbildRomanKeymasterDecember 8, 2015 at 5:35 pmPost count: 2543Been thanked: 29 times
try this – rename the en_EN.po to en_EN.pot, then visit Loco and you must have there this template http://prntscr.com/9bsjgo , then click the edit your language, click Sync and then filter all Read More strings as shown on screenshot http://prntscr.com/9bsk2u and translate them and click Save. Then it must work 😉Mihai AFTENISpectatorDecember 13, 2015 at 8:56 amPost count: 2Been thanked: 0 times
I tried, and tried and tried but nothing…
until I searched using mc into the evolve-plus folder
This problem was solved by editing index.php and replacing Read More with Read more and Read More » with READ MORE » after I was sure that in .po file the original strings were correct, as I wanted to be.Rafal BudniokSpectatorFebruary 29, 2016 at 1:03 amPost count: 7Been thanked: 0 times
Same problem here. Just start using alora. Page language is set to “polish”, but all buttons, form boxes have captions in english. Loco Translate is showing 100% for pl_PL of alora theme.
Would be grateful for help! 🙂