We provide translation files for you to translate the theme into your own language. The translation files en_US.mo and en_US.po are to be found in the languages folder inside your package - go to the "languages" in your theme.
To translate the theme into your language, run through the following steps
- Edit the .po file using POEdit (you can also use qTranslate or the WPML plugin).
- Use the translation field to make replacements
- From the file menu, save file with your language name it, for example: es_ES.po. It will generate both a .po and .mo file for your translation.
- Then connect to your web server via FTP, move over to the theme folder, and locate the languages folder. It is located at wp-content > themes > alora > languages
- Upload the language files into the languages folder.
- Next, in your WP Admin area, go to Settings > General > Site Language, and you should see your newly added language in the Installed section of the pull down menu.
alora is WPML Tested & Approved
We have tested and verified that the alora theme is fully WPML compatible. If you need to create a multi-language site, then we recommend using the WPML Plugin above other options. You will be required to buy a license for the plugin, then install it and set it up. All the information that is needed to get started can be found on the WPML.org page.