Is it possible to retain the slides created in Evolve 2.8.3 when upgrading to v2.9.1 Alpha. My site has no customizations outside of theme options or customizer. Here are the steps I have done to migrate. Please correct and advise:
1) Exported settings using the Customizer Export/Import plugin – the .dat file with this plugin appears to have the slides in
2) Changed theme to vanilla WP one.
3) Via FTP client changed the theme folder name to evolve-plus-old.
4) Add Evolve 2.9.1 Alpha in the dashboard, and select it.
5) Imported .dat file from step one.
I understand things like widgets need some tweaks. However, losing content like bootstrap slides is an effort. What can I do to retain the slides?
Migrations to a new version of your theme or creating children themes need to retain functionality and data.
The topic migration from Evolve 2.8.3 to v2.9.1 Alpha – retain Bootstrap slides is closed to new replies