I’d prefer to do not put the hands in the code, but if the max value of 100 characters is hardcoded I think it is the only path.
Do you have a better recommendation than modifying the code?
If changing the code is the only way, can you please tell me where this max value is?
the main difference between readitalians.uk (all seems to work fine) and msz.it was that on readitalians.uk the EVOLVE theme (free) was never installed: I installed directly the EVOLVE PLUS.
When the I treid to upgrade the theme to the current version I got the problem that WordPress was thinking that the update was not installed and asked me to update again. I solved the problem editing manually a CSS as per your suggestion.
On MSZ.IT instead the Evolve theme was there already, then I installed Evolve Plus: directly the current version.
Anyway now the things are going better on MSZ.IT, still the famous blue pen icon does not want to appear and I noticed some glitches with the ”avatar icon”: if I turn on the author avatar icon on it works only when I go inside the article and not on the home page. But, if I chose that I want to see the avatar on the Article + Archive then it appears on the home page on all the articles and on the article itself…(that is what I want).
I still need to drill down some options and fine-tune it.
One feedback: the headers (header 1, 2 3….) setting are not very clear and they drive me crazy, but it could be a personal perception.
Marco S. Zuppone
P.s.: Google mail thinks that all your messages becoming from this forum are spam even if I mark them not spam every single time…
I was able to solve the problem n.2 (no menu style options):
I have a look in the database and I found that in the table wp_options there was an option called theme_mods_evolve-plus: the value was full of references to files of the old evolve theme, especially gif and jpg in the evolve/library/ folder.
I so switched to another theme, deleted the row about theme_mods_evolve-plus, unsistalled evolve plus.
Then I reinstalled it again and the problem n.2 was solved 100%.
I reconfigured some options of the theme and all seems to work…
Just the problem mentioned at point 1 is unsolved yet but it is minor compared to the other one.