Creating Blog Page
evolve theme comes with the predefined blog which can be shown on the front page or any specific page of your choice. To set the blog for a specific page, follow these instructions. Create a blank page, name it for example “Blog” (or whatever you like), and then go to Settings Reading Front page displays A static page and set that page as your Posts page.
Below are instructions for configuring different sections of the blog. You will need to go to Appearance Customize Blog to access controls for these sections.
To set up the overall layout of your blog, go to General, and you will have several options there.
In the general settings are available following options:
- Blog Layout
- controls the grid layout of the blog page
- Blog Posts Order
- Archive Page Title
- Position of Navigation Links
- sets position of the next/previous posts links
In the Posts section, you have the option to control things such as post title excerpt length, related posts, and more.
In the posts settings are available following options:
- Post Title Excerpt Length
In the Featured Image section, you can show your featured image automatically at the top of your single blog post, blog index or not.
In the featured image settings are available following options:
- Display The First Image If No Featured Image Set
- this option controls if the first image of a post is displayed if no featured image is set
- Enable Featured Image on Single Blog Posts
- enables/disables the featured images on single blog posts
- Hide Placeholder Thumbnail Images
- Enable Hover Effect on Featured Images
The post format section controls if any post set with a defined format should be highlighted with a background color or not. You can enable this feature in the Post Format section.
In the post format settings are available following options: